Saturday, July 22, 2017

Book Spazzing: Dayworld



This is one of my current review copy reads. I was planning on just doing a 10-minute review, skim it and recommend it.

I'm 36% of the way through and I can't put it down. OMG, I'm so excited about this book. It's a throw-back to the paranoia of Philip K. Dick and the forward-looking science of Isaac Asimov. It's balanced in pace and Farmer is the MASTER of cliff-hanger chapters that make you need to turn the page and keep going. I stayed in the tub reading it for TWO HOURS last night because I kept saying, "Well, just to the end of this chapter, then I'll get out." The water was cold and I still kept reading.

I'm not even done with the book and I want to tell everyone I know, "Read this. Don't wait." Except that you have to. It's not released yet. So you have to (unless you have access to Netgalley). I don't rave about books very often, especially if I'm not already familiar with the author (see my forthcoming review of Cold Welcome by Elizabeth Moon) but I am raving about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment